TechUp is an online coding school that runs bootcamps (i.e. short-term intensive coding courses) for individuals who want to start a career as a software developer or software engineer. By broadening access to tech careers and high-quality jobs, we strengthen social and economic mobility in Thailand while also accelerating the country’s digital transformation. In 2022, we launched our first Full-Stack Software Development bootcamps—these are 4-month, full-time, online bootcamps that target people with no prior programming experience. At the end of the bootcamps, we connect our graduates with job opportunities at our employer partners. In 2023, we will be launching part-time bootcamps to serve the needs of aspiring career switchers who are working full-time jobs.
We are seeking code reviewers for our part-time bootcamps. The role’s key mission will be to strengthen our students’ technical skills by conducting code reviews of their assignments and providing feedback to enable them to correct and improve their code. Ideal candidates should have at least 1 year of experience working as a software developer, be familiar with.
Key tasks will include:
- Reviewing students’ assignment code on GitHub Classroom
- Provide feedback and advice for students to improve their code to conform to best practice
Benefits of the role
- Be part of a mission-driven team that is pioneering a new model of talent development for Thailand’s tech ecosystem
- Opportunity to sharpen your understanding of technical concepts and improve your code review and feedback skills
- Compensation of 2,500 baht per week (approximately 10,000 baht per month)
- Strong technical communication skills in Thai
- Highly coachable and able to receive and incorporate feedback regularly