Junior Software Developer
TechUp is an online coding academy that runs bootcamps (i.e. short-term intensive coding courses) for individuals who want to start a career as a software developer or software engineer. By broadening access to tech careers and high-quality jobs, we strengthen social and economic mobility in Thailand while also accelerating the country’s digital transformation. Our online bootcamps train people with no prior programming experience and connect them with job opportunities at our employer partners. We launched our first full-time bootcamp in 2022 and recently launched our part-time bootcamp. Both types of bootcamp now run on our proprietary learning platform, with built-in code playground and feedback engine functionalities. We are seeking a junior software developer to further build out this platform and provide even better learning experiences for our students.
We are seeking a junior software developer to join our team. The role’s mission will be to build a world-class coding learning platform and bootcamp management software as part of our software development team.
Key tasks will include:
- Build our coding learning platform and bootcamp management software using the latest software development technologies, including TypeScript, React, NextJS, etc.
- Continuously improve the software design and architecture to produce the best possible experience for learners and the teaching team.
Benefits of the role
- Be part of a mission-driven team that is pioneering a new model of talent development for Thailand’s tech ecosystem, and working to make opportunities more equal in our country
- Opportunity to build Thailand’s first interactive coding learning platform, with automated real-time feedback features that provides an engaging learning experience for users
- Biweekly 1-1 coaching and feedback with our Lead Engineer (ex-LMWN)
- Competitive salary (25,000-35,000 baht monthly, depending on experience)
- Outpatient care health insurance for full-time role, including telehealth service
- High-performing junior software developer with 0-2 years of work experience (new graduates welcome)
- TypeScript is a plus, but not required
- Strong communication skills in Thai, including giving and receiving feedback
- Highly coachable and able to receive and incorporate feedback regularly
- Experience working in a fast-changing or startup environment is a plus, but not required
This role may NOT be a good fit if you:
- Prefer working alone rather than as part of a team;
- Find it challenging to receive and incorporate constructive feedback;
- Prefer working in a large organization with relatively fixed structures and processes.